Brighter Smile with Teeth Whitening
Posted by Dr. Patel on Feb 23 2021, 10:18 AM
We understand how you might feel having a dull and yellow smile. Feeling embarrassed and awkward in social gatherings due to your teeth might diminish your otherwise steady confidence. This dullness over the teeth is caused due to the stains left by food items such as coffee or even an unhealthy lifestyle. So, to restore that shaken confidence, teeth whitening treatments are the best. There are plenty of methods you can opt for teeth whitening, from over-the-counter products to getting in-office teeth whitening treatment.
Here, we have come up with all the information you need to know about teeth whitening. Keep reading!
In-Office Teeth Whitening
Well, if you wish to opt for in-office teeth whitening, then you would have to follow the following steps:
- Book an appointment.
- Let your dentist examine your needs and suggest the required way to proceed.
- If everything goes in your favor, you would be allowed to take up the teeth whitening treatment.
- It is a simple technique that would first involve cleaning your teeth using a fluoride solution.
- The dentist would then place a protective gel on your gums before applying the bleach onto your teeth. This would ensure that your gums experience no irritation.
- Later, the gel and bleach would be cleaned, and your teeth would give a radiant shine.
Use Over-the-Counter Products for Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening might last for a year for people who follow a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, many adopt over-the-counter methods for teeth whitening. Some of these are as follows:
- Using teeth-whitening toothpaste. Brands develop toothpaste that has bleaching agents and helps in giving a brighter and radiant smile.
- You can also buy gels. They are applied for a particular duration to give a lighter shade to your teeth. However, be cautious and opt for a milder gel as the stronger ones might irritate the gums.
- Whitening strips are another way to get a whiter smile. They are easy to use and give instant results.
- Many companies also manufacture mouth rinse that has bleaching agents. You can also try them out. However, they take a long before you would notice any change in the color of your teeth.
Over-the-counter products are a reliable method to brighten your smile. They are readily available in supermarkets or at a pharmacy store. It is advisable to consult a dentist before doing any experiment with your teeth. As the gums are delicate and might not like the products you use, over-the-counter products might harm than do good to you. Therefore, always talk to your dentist and think through your actions.