Wonders of Cosmetic Dentistry
Posted by Dr. Patel on Jan 29 2021, 09:42 AM
Do you really like your smile? Do you smile for pictures with your mouth open? Does your smile instill confidence in you? If the answer to any of these questions is a NO, you may need a cosmetic dentist's help.
Cosmetic dentistry is the latest trend in the field of dentistry that involves offering patients an aesthetically pleasing set of teeth. Cosmetic dentistry addresses various aesthetic concerns and, by doing so, often corrects teeth' functional problems too. The problems addressed by cosmetic dentistry include:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Crooked and irregularly shaped teeth
- Dull teeth
- Stained teeth
- Missing or dead teeth
- Excessive gum tissue
Cosmetic dentistry helps achieve a perfect set of aligned teeth that has a natural shade of white.
Cosmetic dentistry thus helps in:
- Straightening misaligned teeth using orthodontic treatments
- Filling up tooth spaces and cover gaps.
- Removing extra gums or tooth structure to support the proper arrangement of teeth.
- Whiten discolored or dull teeth.
- Depigment dark gums.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
The four most common cosmetic dentistry procedures you can get at our dental office are:
- Dental Bonding: During this procedure, dental material called resin is matched to your teeth' natural color and is also used to alter the shape of the misshapen teeth to make it symmetrical.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are thin, teeth-like coverings made of porcelain that can mask the teeth' front surface. Veneers are custom-made to close up gaps, cover broken or damaged teeth, or offer a replacement to make the teeth look white.
- Teeth Whitening: One of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures, teeth whitening is conducted by dentists over a few appointments to make the teeth look pleasing and natural.
- Orthodontics: If you have misaligned teeth, orthodontic treatment can help you achieve a straight smile. Braces or metal brackets are fixed on teeth and connected by metal wires to reposition and align them to ideal positions. Invisalign or clear acrylic aligners are also used to straighten teeth using orthodontic treatments.
Other Cosmetic Dentistry Services
In addition to the services mentioned above, we also offer the following cosmetic dentistry services:
- Dental implants
- Porcelain crowns
- Porcelain fillings
- Teeth lengthening
- Porcelain onlays/inlays
- Enamel contouring
- Blackline removal
- Gum lift/recontouring
Why choose us for your cosmetic dentistry treatment?
At the dental office of Dr.Rakesh Patel DDS, we have a team of highly qualified dentists having years of experience and expertise to improve your smile's aesthetics. Whether you want to straighten your misaligned teeth or just looking to whiten your discolored teeth, schedule an appointment with us; we are happy to help.