Veneers are great cosmetic dental solutions that help enhance the beauty, aesthetics, and appearance of the smile. A popular kind of restoration, veneers are quick fixes for minor cracks, chipped and misshapen teeth. They help cover minor to moderate levels of teeth discrepancies to give you a clear and even looking smile.
How do veneers help improve the quality of your smile?
Dental veneers are a simple, minimally invasive method of treating dental issues. These restorations are thin, shell-like coverings that can easily hide cracks and chips on the front and visible part of the tooth. They almost resemble natural teeth and can correct a wide range of dental issues such as dental staining, gaps, chipped, worn, misshapen or crooked teeth.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are natural looking dental restorations that can be custom-made to fit your tooth. The benefits of porcelain veneers are many. They offer a strong and lasting protection, have a natural-looking surface, don't stain easily. Getting veneers would mean only a little portion of the patient's enamel needs removing.
What is the procedure involved in placing dental veneers?
The procedure to place dental veneers includes the below:
- During your first visit, the dentist would remove a small portion of the enamel from the teeth making space to receive the veneer
- An impression or mold of the tooth would be taken
- These impressions would be sent to the dental lab and a custom-made porcelain veneer would be designed
- During the next visit, the dentist places the custom-veneer on the tooth to check proper fit and shape
What are composite resin veneers?
Composite resin veneers are composed of tooth-colored material that can be bonded to the surface of the tooth. There are several benefits of composite resin veneers. A few are listed are below:
- Placing composite veneers do not require removing excessive enamel
- Stain resistant
- Does not wear easily
- Easy to repair
Find out more about our cosmetic dental solutions by placing an appointment with us today. Call our office at (909) 628-8109 or book online to meet Rakesh Patel, D.D.S.